Thursday, November 19, 2009





Just to show you that critics don't know how to understand artists, they ignore the need for Damien Hirst to claim his right to call him self a painter.
Paintings At The Wallace Collection are a logical step that Hirst needed to show his true interests and genuine fascination with death. His love of Francis Bacon and possibly George Braque is completely natural, his painting skills are not that important mostly because these works are not the ones that will be his signature pieces that will be held up as world changing breakthrough artworks. His taxidermy and medicine related installations are what will be his legacy.
Nonetheless I still admire his bravery and fact that he decided to paint. Oddly enough I'm also interested in same artists and styles.
That is why I will share some of my own images that show similarities of my own work with the work of these geniuses

No comments:

Post a Comment